Equality and Diversity Statement
I am dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture within the whole wedding industry.
It is within ALL of our best interests to promote equality and diversity as we eliminate discrimination.
My aim is to ensure that couples, families and industry colleagues are given equal opportunity, and that both of my businesses are representative of all sections of society.
Each person I deal with will be respected and valued.
This statement reinforces my commitment to providing equality and fairness to all I have the pleasure of dealing with. Together with an assurance that I will not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender (identity and expression). Marriage, civil partnership, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief or sexual orientation as outlined in the Equality Act 2010
I am strongly opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and bias.
- To create an environment in which individual differences are recognised and valued and celebrated.
- To create an environment that promotes dignity and respect.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment.
- To challenge and confront any such behaviour should it arise.
- To undertake further personal development training.
- To keep abreast of new developments within society and the wider wedding industry in terms of language and behaviour
- To promote equality in my workspace, amongst celebrants and wider industry colleagues
In addition I have adopted and aligned myself to the following core values as stated below.
- To strive not to assume a person’s gender identity, sex characteristics, or sexual orientation based on their appearance or otherwise;
- To strive not to assume a person’s race(s), culture(s), or religion(s)/faith(s) based on their appearance or otherwise;
- To respect and follow a person’s instruction as to how they’d like to be addressed, including gender and disability pronouns
- To strive to create accessible environments for disabled clients by meeting individual access requirements;
- To share insight and knowledge with others, where possible, and where appropriate;
- To endeavour to encourage the representation of all groups/communities when contributing to styled shoots, especially underrepresented groups/communities;
- To strive to continue to educate ourselves on equality generally;
- To be kind and supportive to our colleagues and peers if unintentional mistakes are made in relation to inclusive language;
- To act with honesty and integrity at all times; and
- To help build a community who are united in making the wedding industry, and the world, a more inclusive place.
I will be monitoring and reviewing this statement regularly to ensure that I continue to promote and educate others in my support of equality and diversity within the wedding industry.